Wednesday 11 July 2012

Our Cataract Journey Part 2

So for the past 2 years we have spent a fair amount of time at Alder Hey with Olivia for her cataract treatment and the big ops are all done for her now and we will have a couple more visits and then probably a squint operation and then it all settles down. She has been fabulous through it all and it truly is amazing what medical advances can do.

As I write this blog I am sat on the bus with William, who is fast asleep and looking so relaxed. I am feeling sick at the thought of seeing the doctor. I'm not sure why I feel like this. I know the procedure we've been through it with Olivia and lived with it myself but today I am feeling like sticking my head in the sand and singing a merry tune.

Well I shall pause this for now as the bus is almost at the hospital.

...............

Well the curse of N1 and my placid children hits again heh. He was great with Julie (so is Olivia) but when it came to the doctors cried a lot. It was odd as Will generally isn't a crier unless it's the evening on random days and when he needs a nappy change.

I have a feeling Olivia may have warned him what was to come!

Well because of the crying they couldn't get a decent look so they're going to put him under anaesthetic to have a decent look to see what is going on in his baby blues. That will be end of August or beginning of September.

So fingers crossed Will takes it all in his stride like Olivia did :)

Now for a 2 week break from Alder Hey before it's time to go back again :)

No comments: