Saturday 14 July 2012

Friday Thirteenth

Yesterday was Friday 13th and was the first day I had felt brave enough to go further than village or park with my 2.

Olivia has an obsession with trains at the moment so on Monday I took her on the train to see how I would manage with her and the new pram. We went all the way to hunts cross and back again. This trip is one stop to the end of the line, couple of minutes break and back one stop. Olivia loved it!

Yesterday we got the train to town. Fab trip there but lift was broken at the station so a few station staff helped (thanks Mersey Travel!). Was supposed to meet my mum at station but she was super late. We finally met and headed to the shops but after 20 minutes or so she felt sick and went home.

Crap, crap, crap! My first trip out, town is busy, I need to feed William but don't have books to entertain Olivia, then Olivia will need food but where am I going to go for small lunch that I haven't got to carry a tray? Oh oh oh panic! Friday 13th has got me!

But as the saying goes, keep calm and carry on! I headed off to Mothercare to feed Will and try to figure out what I'm doing. At that point I realised that Olivia was being a star. She sat so patiently whilst Will fed, she walked wonderfully without complaint and jumped on the board for a break, we played on the Thomas ride (without making it go hah) and had a treat of a lunch at Pizza Hut were she sat and ate wonderfully.

We then went to get the bus home were she had a 3 second melt down as she wanted to get the train but then sat on my knee and promptly passed out :) (it was at this point I felt extremely jealous as I was tired and I just had to watch my babies sleep!)

So in your face Friday 13th. I may not have been able to buy anything on my shopping list but I managed town on my own without a tantrum or losing a child woohoo :)

Tom took me into town today were I crossed 1 thing off my list but with it being a sunny (shock!) Saturday it was heaving we just had a stroll around and sandwiches on a bench :)

This post is pointless really but I guess when I decide to do it again this post will remind me I can do it.

No comments: