Friday 20 July 2012

Muddy Puddles

Friday!  Hooray!

I had ordered a wardrobe for the childerbeasts and it was being delivered today so fully expected to be stuck in the house all day but amazingly it arrived at 9.30 meaning that we had the full day to go out and play!

I quickly chucked Olivia in the bath and had an early lunch and off we went.  I only thought of going to the park for a bit but it turned into a mammoth trip out around Garston. 

We went to the playground and played for sooo long on everything there.  Olivia insisted that I got to play today as well and made me sit on the roundabout, I only lasted a few minutes as roundabouts make me feel really ill!  She also pushed me on the big swings which was lovely with the sun on my face, sitting down with a 2 year old pushing with all her might for a really gentle sway, bliss.

We then went to have a run around on the grass and splashing through all the muddy puddles.  I got some evil looks off a couple of mum’s who were sat on a bench as one of their daughters copied us and she screamed at her to stop.  Her daughter also had wellies on!  Where is the fun in putting wellies on your child, taking them to a park on a sunny day after weeks of rain and not letting them jump in puddles? come on!
SAM_0192

We then went to sit on the bridge and waited for the trains to pass and both waved to them with lots of giggles from Olivia.  We then went to the shop and counted the buses and vans as we went.

I didn’t have my phone or watch so I had no idea how long we were playing. We got home nearly 3 hours later!  Olivia unsurprisingly has passed out on the chair.  I should have taken advantage of the sleep but expected Will to wake for a feed but the fresh air has obviously knocked him out as well.

It has been an awesome day today and we have a fab weekend ahead with Ben’s birthday tomorrow and then a trip to Grandma’s house and a visit to some mini trains hopefully.

I love maternity leave!! 

2 comments:

Mum said...

Sounds like a Friday well spent! What gorgeous wellies.

Skippy said...

YAY! more fool those bitchy mums. I hope their kid finds the biggest muddiest puddles next time they are dressed in their best ;)