Friday 10 April 2009

Dancing, stripping and 9 years of romance :)

So time for a little update then.

Well I did it, the hair has gone!! Almost a foot of it gone and this week has been weird trying to get used to it but I am sure it’ll be all good soon.

Today is mine on Tom’s anniversary of being together for 9 years, that is reeeeeeally long :) We’re not doing anything because having two anniversaries is just greedy hehe We’ve spent the day buying nice things from the supermarket and stripping the bathroom.

We are so nearly there! It is taking sooo long as there are about 6 layers of paper and we have no idea what some of the paper is stuck on with. The steamer is fab though, and I got bored and had sore arms and started giving myself a mini facial with it. I think Tom saw that and realised he was tired and we gave up hehe

It’s been a good week this week. The weekend we went to the swan for a few drinkies for H’s birthday. It was nice to have a catch up with folks.

Monday went to a pub quiz with Nich, Jill and Jill’s friend Alex. It was fun and we came second which is good.

Last night we decided to go for Easter drinks. This was a good chance for us to go out and catch up with Gem and Renu. People were busy this weekend so we agreed to go for tea and have a couple of drinks in the restaurant and then go home.

The plan then evolved to eat and then grab a few cocktails and aim to be home for 9 – 9.30. When I got to work yesterday it had changed again to we’re going to get the last train home, this way we get to go and have a dance, yay dancing!

It’s funny how plans never work out that way as I stumbled through the door at 3.10, whoopsies!! It was such a fun night though all though my feet don’t quite agree with that. I couldn’t find my good work shoes yesterday morning, they need reheeling so I have put them somewhere to remind me to do it… well after running around like a loon I had to give up and put some new shiny shoes on that I hadn’t quite managed to break in yet so youch I have cut feet and the balls off my feet still hurt.

I hate hurting feet, I’m normally very good at breaking my shoes in so I can spend the night dancing away without things being too bad the morning after! I’ll have to get my thick bed socks out and wear the shoes more around the house.

Well I got quite excited this week as Mills & Boons now have a forum haha. It’ll be nice to chat to people who are hopeless romantics like myself and I’ve already got some great tips from published authors and there a specific section for people who are aspiring authors, it has given me a new spurt of encouragement for the book. It is a little odd talking with people thinking ooh I have a few of your books!

I have been thinking back to things that I loved when growing up in particular songs and films. I used to watch “Heathers” all the time and loved it so much, someone mentioned it this week so I have had to order it, I am rather giddy waiting for it to arrive. I hope it is as fun as I remembered. I was so in love with Christian Slater back then hehe

I’ve also got the urge to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer again. Part of me is rather tempted to buy the complete box set. I loved it to bits but kind of lost track of it when I no longer had the luxury of skyone. I have my sickness bonus coming to me in April as I think I have only been off sick for two half days so that should be good. I think I really might buy it! I love it for introducing me to the wonderful person that is Seth Green.

So this should be a nice relaxing weekend as four days off work, woooo. However I am working tomorrow, boooo. I have also agreed to make some cakes today. Hmm I should probably get a move on with that. I’m only doing crispie cakes with mini eggs on top so won’t take too long. Really wish I didn’t have to! At least I can eat all the left over cakes YAY haha.

The diet starts Tuesday!

o0o Skip have you have the baby yet?? Hehe. I’m betting Tuesday weight of 7lb 9. I’m rubbish at guessing games but it’s very exciting!!

CHOCOLATE MELTING TIME!!

1 comment:

Skippy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeh we had him on wednesday, just thought we'd keep it secret ;)

Happy anniversary - me and Al are 6 months behind you on that one, our 9th is in November :)

I agree with you on mills and boon (I love those books, such hero's with big muscles and a blissful hour or so's read), Buffy (I was watching an old episode the other day and thought that same as you. Seth Green is awesome - so is spike hehehe and heathers - what a film! Another of my fave's of his is Pump Up the Volume. Can't remember how many times I've see that!

:D