Tuesday 14 April 2009

The Children’s Tooth Fairy (Shillings Under the Pillow) Regulations 2009

Well I seem to spend a lot of time whinging about work lately so though I would say that I had a fun day today.

I started off in work actually going to concentrate until I got talked into going to town for a course and to spend the afternoon in the Liverpool office.

The course although at parts was quite interesting it was interesting for the wrong reasons. It was all about DNA testing, I thought I was going to learn about drugs testing and alcohol testing. It was a science lesson in reality and had feck all to do with family law apart from the last 2 minutes when he told us how fast they can get results if need be and tried to talk us all into using their company and not the one the is normally used.

There was a mild form of amusement by way of questions about contamination of samples by taking a mouth swab after naughtiness and about paternity on twins were there were two fertilised eggs and two dads as mum had been rather busy. It got us out the office and 2 CPD points at least :)

At least it got me into town were we just laughed so much about things that if I wrote here would not be funny. I think it is a case of you had to be there but our talks went from the cross contamination above, when Cadburys was founded. The best answer to that was well it had to be after Willy Wonka, hehe. It was so funny explaining that Willy Wonka wasn’t real.

There was also discussion of The Children’s Tooth fairy (Shilling Under the Pillow) Regulations 2009 and how the implementation of these regulations affected the Children Act 1989 giving special consideration to children in the care of the local authority. Although the regulations are rather genius to a legal geek someone had waaaaaaaay to much time on their hands. I might add it to this post of I can find them online. I love that they are signed off by Tinkerbell M.P :) and are only valid in England and Never Never land hehe

Due to the amusement of this afternoon I sadly got very little work done, whoops. I will get lots done tomorrow and even more on Thursday as I am on my own on Thursday as Jo is on holiday so think I will shut the door, but the phone on voicemail for a few hours and sit on the floor and go through my filing cabinet.

Ah bollards Chelsea have come back after half time like a new team and have scored two goals, grrr. Might turn over and watch All the small things, love this programme and I get to sing along.

Well tomorrow is half way through the week woohoo :)

TTFN

***********

Ahh due to the layout of the blog it was hard to read so I am linking someone else' blog with it. Clicky Click

No comments: