Thursday 2 August 2012

Patch

Hopefully attached to this blog is my gorgeous patch :)

Tuesday we went to Alder Hey for another examination under anaesthetic. We had a clinic appointment at 9am before we had to get to day ward at 11.30. I had telephoned to query the 9 am appointment as we had never needed to go to clinic before being admitted but no no we HAD to be there. I asked for a later appointment, firstly to decrease the gap between appointments and secondly I knew it was going to be impossible to get there for 9 but we were told it had to be 9.

We got there 25 minutes late and was told off by the receptionist, whoops. It would only have been 10 minutes but the buses were being buses so obviously not running to time.

So we wait patiently only to then be asked why we were there. Argh, I was right and should have pressed it with the secretary.

As we were there anyway they dud an eye test for Olivia and she can see brilliantly. Not sure how it compares to other children but compared to what I could see she was leaving me for dust! I could see a grey smudge and Olivia was telling me, no it's a duck :)

Her left eye is doing all the work atm so we're back to patching to try and get the right eye going.

We then had just under 2 hours to pass so we decided to go and invade central admissions as they have a softplay area. We walked into the waiting room, that is shared with cardio, it was completely empty! Olivia had loads of fun with the whole place just for her and The Man!

The Man is a life-size statue of Batman, it's awesome :)

Over an hour there and she then wanted to go outside so my mum talk her for a walk whilst o sat on reception with a glazed look on my face!

Eventually got to K1 and had a play, acted perfectly for the male nurse and eventually off to theatre. All is looking great so we get a break from the big doctors and only have to go for eye tests yay.

Fingers crossed the patching improves things even more! It is also fab that we don't have the boring plain plaster patches, we have glittery patterned ones!



So here's to a few months off for Olivia YAY!!

Will starts his turn on 4th September. At least August is clear :)

No comments: