Tuesday 1 January 2013

2013 – The Year of the Happy

At the start of every new year it is common for people to make resolutions that are promptly broken within a week. Despite this I am going to do the same. I have also set up a little side bar as my resolutions will be smaller more achievable ones on a month by month basis.

There are some big ones that will take longer to achieve or that are on going so need to last all year.

One of the big ones is to sort this house and get it on the market! I am really starting to hate this house. The next neighbours aren't great (unless you're thinking of buying the house our next door neighbours are wonderful!) to be fair the other neighbours are nice. We have also completely outgrown the house, a little 2 up 2 down does not work with the 4 of us, a big pram and all of Tom's computer bits :) we desperately need a garden so Olivia can run wild without me having to wander the streets and every day.

An on going one is to take better care of myself and my family. This means I am going to have to get super organised, have good routines and make sure that we all have some family time and personal time.

As for the month by month goals well let's start with January.

1. Lose 5lb. This one all ties in with taking better care of myself and the family. To be fair the weight has been leaving me without much effort but that is because I have been running around after the babies. God help me when I go back to the cake central office.

2. Cook Ham in Coke. This recipe is just talked about so much and I guess I just have to try it. Nigella Lawson scares me slightly but if she is a domestic goddess then hers is the recipe to try.

3. Do 30 bags in 30 days. To help with the decluttering of the house I am taking part in this challenge. It is a simple idea, you fill 30 bags with things you don't want or need any more. They can then be binned, recycled, sold or sent to the charity shop. The bags can be any size the bigger the better I guess. Today I counted out 30 carrier bags to try and start there.

4. Sort out my wardrobe. I did this not so long ago but still kept things that I am never going to wear again on the basis that I just might do or when I am back to that size. Some of the things I just won't wear even if I they did fit again. Although I am back to the same dress size now but my body shape is different so they don't fit anyway :)

5. Treat myself to manicure. This is all part of the taking care of myself and getting more me time. Nice hands and nails are a good way to make me smile :)

So 5 mini resolutions to do for this month and some good ones for the rest of 2013. it will be a great year as long as I have the right attitude!

Happy New Year everyone xxx










1 comment:

Skippy said...

Happy new year mate! I resolved too! one is to blog once a week...ha ha!