Wednesday 12 September 2012

Updatearama

It has been a few weeks since I last updated this and what a fun few weeks it has been.

There has been a trip to Knowsley Safari park which I think deserves a post of it’s own as it was so much fun and Olivia is still talking about the monkey that sat on Daddy’s car, he was a cheeky monkey apparently Smile

There has also been a trip to the new Museum of Liverpool which was fun.  We spent the day with my mum, Mum in law and Nephew.  The museum was fab from what I saw.  We arrived just as the Little Liverpool play session was starting.  Olivia and Cameron seemed to like that a lot and spent most of the time fishing.  I missed most of the museum as Will has hungry so we went off to have a feed. 
We met up with the gang again to watch them play with the building blocks of the three graces, well Cameron and other children were playing with the blocks whilst Olivia was just bouncing on the crash mats. 
It will be good to go back when Will is older so that I can have a good look around as well.  I also want to take Liv to the World Museum to show her the dinosaurs RrrRaAAarRR hehe

After the fun of the museum we went for a Ferry ride which Olivia loved, especially when she went upstairs to watch the water properly.  Will on the other hand did not like the ferry.  Every time the engines were going he screamed his little head off.  As the ferry pulled into a stop, was stopped and pulled away with the quiet engines he was happy, however that was only about 10 minutes of the hour trip, sorry other passengers!  He did have a cheer up when grandma wrapped him in her cardi and took him for a walk.

Will has also been for his first over night stay at Alder Hey.  The plan is the same as it was with Olivia in that they are happy that he is able to see at present, so it is a case of eye drops each day and we go back in November when he is older so that they can do the reaction tests with him to see how well he can see and then look at when / if they will remove the cataracts.  He was such a star and although he is quite a cry baby at home he was a star in hospital and just cooed and slept.

It was also my birthday at the weekend and oh my goodness was I spoilt rotten.  I was all for ignoring it and pretending it wasn’t happening due to a mix of not wanting to leave my twenties and the fact I feel like a hag at the moment but I am sooooo very glad my gorgeous hubby wouldn’t let me ignore it as it was such a brilliant day.  He also bought he a shiny new laptop (which I am using at present!)  My old one is a wreck so it was a truly awesome gift.   I think I have eaten enough cake and sweeties to give me diabetes Confused smile It was brilliant time and Olivia is still singing Happy Birthday Mummy xx

On a final note as it is Wednesday and I knew I had to step on the scales this morning, I was dreading it due to the cake and sweets mentioned above but I have actually lost 2lb!   Breastfeeding really is awesome and also the walking for hours is obviously very helpful.  So today I am 12 stone 2.5lb so still over weight but without actually trying (yes, still lazy fecker) I am getting there.  I really need to get some healthy but tasty ideas for meals especially as the colder whether coming in. 

I was sure that there was more I wanted to say but I have forgotten and my gorgeous boy is waking from his half hour nap so time to go and play.

No comments: